Membership Sales Representative Job Description
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for selling Chamber memberships to prospective nonmember businesses by communicating the benefits of the Chamber. Providing detailed information on various programs offered through the Chamber and orienting the client to the organization. This position reports directly to the President.
Job Title: Membership Sales Representative
Wage: Base plus Commission
• Contact, acquire and sell new Chamber memberships
• Contact, acquire and sell Chamber sponsorships and advertising
• Schedule appointments and personal visits with prospects
• Close sales during onsite visits or through follow up phone calls/visits and written correspondence
• Achieve budgeted revenue goals
• Actively seeks new businesses and follows up appropriately
• Maintains knowledge of goals, objectives and services provided by the Chamber
• Remains informed of member benefits, Chamber events, etc.
• Actively support and participate in Chamber events and programs
• Works renewal accounts and targeted major accounts as assigned
• Assists Chamber members in taking full advantage of their membership
• Attends regular sales/staff meetings
• Other duties as assigned by the Chamber President
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong organization, time management and multitasking skills
• Detail oriented
• Must have previous sales experience
• Self-starter with a professional appearance
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel and Word
• Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance
• Ability to prospect/cold-call new businesses
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Can think outside the box to offer new ideas, concepts, solutions, etc.
• Capable of maintaining sensitive/confidential information
• Must be a team player that works well in an adapting environment
• Must have the ability to foster the values of member relations
• Exceptional people skills with an outgoing personality
• Flexible schedule
Please submit resumes to Belinda Alles, email@example.com.