Job Title: Chamber President
Salary: $50,000 – $65,000 with bonus structure
Deadline: Resumes preferred by May 19, 2017
The Chamber is looking for a President who has a passion for the Burleson community and an organization dedicated to promoting the growth of local business. This candidate will both honor our Burleson legacy and create opportunities for individual, Chamber member and corporate business growth.
Experience in marketing, communications, business, sales, or related field; Chamber of Commerce experience not a requirement
- Strong leadership and marketing experience
- Strong understanding of the Burleson community, in relation to its history, growth, and culture
- Active member of the Burleson community whose relationships support the Chamber’s good standing
- Devoted to provide successful events and fundraisers that help members network successfully and cultivate business success
- Desire to structure an organization that supports local business, our city and schools, and the Burleson community as a whole
Experience in marketing and leadership preferred
The Burleson Area Chamber of Commerce’s robust program supports the work of a candidate without prior experience working in a Chamber of Commerce.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee strategies to increase and maintain membership growth and retention.
- Direct and manage the Chamber’s events and activities.
- Serve as the information liaison between the Chamber Board of Directors, and business/community stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively with organizations in the community for the betterment of the Chamber’s profile.
- Publicize and promote events sponsored by the Chamber.
- Serve as Chamber representative on community committees as required.
- Foster relationships with business and community leaders.
- Build and manage relationships with volunteers, and support donor stewardship.
- Ensure that public events contribute to the attainment of the goals and objectives of the BACC.
- Demonstrate awareness of BACC-community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs.
- Willingness to solicit feedback from members to adapt the BACC to benefit its current members.
- Provide oversight for the design and preparation of marketing materials including newsletters, brochures, programs for special events, website and social media content and other publications.
- Develop and present monthly financial and membership reports related to the performance of the Chamber to the Board of Directors.
- Compile budgets and cost estimates based on goals and objectives of the BACC.
- Manage Chamber staff and evaluate job performance of employees to ensure effectiveness.
- Oversee facility management of Chamber property, offices, systems and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please submit resumes to Sherri Sechrist, firstname.lastname@example.org.