The Burleson Heritage Foundation (BHF) was founded in March 1991 to preserve and create awareness of Burleson’s history. The purpose of the foundation is to;
- Bring together those who are interested in the preservation of homes, buildings, markets, historical sites, works of art, documents, papers, pictures, records and writings of historical, traditional or cultural value;
- Perpetuate and preserve those customs and folklore which seem to beautify and enrich life in the Burleson community;
- Discover and develop areas of natural beauty and charm and to discover, document, and preserve those places of special historical interest within Burleson and the surrounding areas;
- Share knowledge of Burleson’s history and to promote and encourage interest, study, and research of that history;
- Act in an advisory capacity to groups and individuals interested in Burleson’s history; and,
- Cooperate with other persons, groups, organizations and agencies in implementing these objectives.