Dear Members of the BACC,
Your Chamber team is honored to represent you in the pro-business atmosphere that exemplifies Burleson. Thanks to the support of our members, we have enjoyed many successes this past year:
- New digital sign at the highly visible corner of Chamber Drive and Wilshire Blvd.
- Improved Chamber website with the creation of a landing page for every member and over 500 active links. In the eyes of Google analytics, we’re now a “robust website,” which is good for us and good for Chamber members.
- 2015 Honey Tour Bike Ride that, despite 18 days of rain in May, drew over 1,100 bicyclists from all over the state. Thanks to our 200+ volunteers, too! The Honey Tour is one of the city’s greatest tourism draws. Look for less rain and more riders in 2016.
- Quarterly Luncheons, Award Luncheon and Power of Heels Luncheons, well-attended and known as the place for members to learn, network and connect.
- Power of Heels Holiday Bazaar with its biggest year yet, including 60+ vendors and over 1,000 local shoppers.
- Lunch & Learn and Business After Hours, FREE monthly meetings featuring business education, networking and fun for members and guests.
- Burleson Young Executives Alliance, an initiative for upcoming leaders to expand their circle of influence in our city. We’re accepting applications for the 2016 class right now!
- Tourism Strategic Alliance Steering Committee, a partnership with the City of Burleson to grow Burleson’s tourism-related outreach.
The Board of Directors is committed to the wise use of the assets you generously provide. After careful consideration, the Board has approved a 2016 Membership Dues increase, our first in over ten years. This includes (1) a new category of 1 – 10 employees; (2) an increase of $10 per year for the 1 – 10 employee category; and (3) an increase of $25 per year for all other categories. You’ll see the new rate for your membership on your next annual dues invoice.
Also, there are still select 2016 Sponsorships available. Sponsorships support the Chamber and promote your business to members, the community or a broader Texas demographic. You will soon be able to find the 2016 Sponsorship Guide on the Chamber website under the Member Section.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, thank you for your membership, attendance, sponsorships, and hundreds of hours of volunteerism. Our 500+ members are what make the Burleson Area Chamber of Commerce one of the greatest in Texas! Best wishes for prosperity and success in 2016.
Sherri L. Sechrist